Thank you to all the delegates who came to Dublin for our Successful Lending conference. Over 90 delegates from England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Scotland came together to share experience and best practice in meeting the borrowing needs of credit union members. The report on proceedings can be downloaded here or by clicking the image.
At the end of an information-filled day, Dr Paul Jones, Director of Research, noted some of the themes that had emerged, including the importance of:
- Good analytics to evaluate and anticipate the needs of members
- Rigorous analysis of loan performance to reveal effectiveness and profitability service delivery
- Realising that much can be done to improve loan products and delivery within current legislative and regulatory constraints
- Speed, efficiency and convenience of loan application and delivery channels
- Ensuring our credit unions have a modern, digital suite of services to compete effectively
- Working with Government and the regulator in the respective jurisdictions to ensure that legislation and regulation in relation to lending is fit for purpose.